SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Firefox on Win 7 is not preferring IPv6 over IPv4
[de] Carmen Sandiego on Tuesday, 30 August 2011 14:36:43
Hello guys I am having a very strange issue with Firefox 4 to 7 on Windows 7. Firefox is not preferring IPv6 over IPv4!!! Well I am connected over UMTS, HSDPA to the Internet. Router is my Ubuntu machine connected via AYIYA. The subnet is working great in order to get Windows 7 connected to the IPv6 world... When testing IPv6 connections I noticed that Firfox ist not preferring IPv6 through the subnet. But when using Internet Explorer everything is working perfectly. IE is preferring IPv6 over IPv4. What can be done with Firefox that it preferrs IPv6???? Any suggestions?
[hu] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 30 August 2011 20:32:02
What can be done with Firefox that it preferrs IPv6????
In the Firefox address bar, enter the following: about:config Locate the option network.dns.disableIPv6, and set it to false.
[de] Carmen Sandiego on Tuesday, 30 August 2011 22:56:48
Thanks for the answer but that's set by default. I did something else. On my Ubuntu router I have set up my own ipv6 gateway with the software polipo. Allowed are the localhost and the subnet I use. And this works like a charm. IPv6 is preferred over any IPv4 website... But I would like to know anyway, why is there such a big difference between IE and Firefox. Why is it working on IE and why is it working on Firefox after reloading the page for several times over the subnet? I don't get it. If anybody knows about it, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker