SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

What does AICCU do?
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 09 February 2013 10:32:50
Hi, I know that it creates a 6to4 tunnel and keeps it alive. My question is: What does it do besides of this? Does it advertise it selfe as a router for the local net? I'm asking because I don't want it to do this. I want to use my notebook at customer sites and use my v6 tunnel without publishing any thin about v6 on the local network. TIA Matthias
What does AICCU do?
[cz] Carmen Sandiego on Saturday, 09 February 2013 12:41:20
No, it does not, it merely negotiates your registered tunnel parameters with TIC and sets the tunnel up. It is then up to OS to use and/or advertise the available prefix. Simply disable ipv6 on your (w)lan interface with something like sysctl net.ipv6.conf.eth0.disable_ipv6=1 and you're ipv6 blind/mute on the disabled interface.
What does AICCU do?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Saturday, 09 February 2013 15:37:15
No, it does not, it merely negotiates your registered tunnel parameters with TIC and sets the tunnel up.
Amongst those tunnel parameters are the routes that come along with that tunnel though. Also, see my other reply, it does handle heartbeat and AYIYA...
What does AICCU do?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Saturday, 09 February 2013 15:36:31
I know that it creates a 6to4 tunnel and keeps it alive.
It does nothing with 6to4 (read the link for more details). 6to4 is in 2002::/16 space and uses protocol-41. You likely meant 6in4. In short what AICCU does: - retrieve configuration details from the TIC (Tunnel Information & Control) server - configure the tunnel - if 'static' protocol-41, exit - if heartbeat, send out heartbeats - If AYIYA, handle the full AYIYA protocol For the rest it does not much else. Router advertisement is handled by an operating system utility (radvd on Linux, rtadvd on most other unices and Windows has it built-in). As you say that you want to use a notebook at customer sites, first be sure that you are allowed to tunnel from those locations (some networks have policies against it), second, as you will likely have a dynamic IP and will be behind a NAT of some sorts the best protocol to use is AYIYA.
What does AICCU do?
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 09 February 2013 17:50:04
Thanks, good to know.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker