SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Thank you for SixXS
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 23 March 2017 18:47:12
I migrated my traffic away from my SixXS tunnel onto native IPv6 from my ISP, Zen Internet UK, close to the beginning of their IPv6 trial. A static /48 is now an official part of their Internet access services, though I believe you still have to e-mail them at ipv6@zen.co.uk to get your account IPv6 enabled. Since Zen started to offer IPv6, my SixXS tunnel has stayed up only as a backup. As Zen's IPv6 has proved stable other than one short outage during the trial phase that was soon fixed, I moved all my DNS records to my Zen IPv6 subnet and the tunnel became redundant. With today's news that SixXS is closing in June, I've disabled my subnets and tunnel, then deleted all the SixXS related configuration from my router. Thank you for the service you provided. We can only hope news of SixXS's closure does more to encourage ISPs to offer native IPv6, with customers demanding native IPv6 rather than being forced to move to another tunnel broker. In 2017, IPv6 should be a standard part of every Internet access product.
Thank you for SixXS
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 23 March 2017 20:28:56
Mar 23 21:15:30 lithium aiccu: Shutting down AICCU (Automatic IPv6 Connectivity Configuration Utility) services: [ OK ] Mar 23 21:15:30 lithium systemd: Stopped LSB: hearbeat daemon for IPv6-in-IPv4 (Proto-41, AYIYA, Heartbeat) tunnels. Thanks SixXS for all the years of service!
Thank you for SixXS
[kr] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 23 March 2017 23:28:28
David Wood wrote:
I migrated my traffic away from my SixXS tunnel onto native IPv6 from my ISP, Zen Internet UK, close to the beginning of their IPv6 trial. A static /48 is now an official part of their Internet access services, though I believe you still have to e-mail them at ipv6@zen.co.uk to get your account IPv6 enabled. Since Zen started to offer IPv6, my SixXS tunnel has stayed up only as a backup. As Zen's IPv6 has proved stable other than one short outage during the trial phase that was soon fixed, I moved all my DNS records to my Zen IPv6 subnet and the tunnel became redundant. With today's news that SixXS is closing in June, I've disabled my subnets and tunnel, then deleted all the SixXS related configuration from my router. Thank you for the service you provided. We can only hope news of SixXS's closure does more to encourage ISPs to offer native IPv6, with customers demanding native IPv6 rather than being forced to move to another tunnel broker. In 2017, IPv6 should be a standard part of every Internet access product.
Thank you in South Korea. The SixXS Project help my reasearch topics and worked very well. I will miss it and Thanks again!
Thank you for SixXS
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 24 March 2017 15:30:32
David Wood wrote:
I migrated my traffic away from my SixXS tunnel onto native IPv6 from my ISP, Zen Internet UK, close to the beginning of their IPv6 trial.
Looking back at my SixXS tunnel statistics, I moved only native IPv6 in September 2015, so stopped using SixXS other than as a backup around 18 months ago. I can only hope that the time will come when the UK mobile networks will offer IPv6 as part of their consumer offering.
Thank you for SixXS
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 27 March 2017 09:31:49
Just another "me too" thank you message. SixXS has provided years of IPv6 tunneling services for me. Tunnels failed even less than my regular providers. Their service was not only valuable for regular usage of IPv6, but also for training on the new technology, both for me as well as for colleagues. My personal dial up line has provided IPv6 since 01/2016, so I haven't used the service for some while now. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker